Sunday, May 6, 2012

Details of a tropical vacation - Miami



Back in march I spent my vacations in my sister's home in Miami.
Since I don't feel entirely like a tourist when I'm Miami, having lived there when I was a child. I didn't take the typical touristy photos of the city and the beaches like a normal sunbathing tourist would. I focused mainly on little details that caught my eye, things I don't normally see when I'm home in Santiago. I took a bunch of photos of plants, flowers and trees. 
I know I'm being extremely corny here, but I only wish I could've captured the colors, smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves and take it back home with me.

DETALLES DE UNAS VACACIONES TROPICALES EN MIAMI.
En marzo disfruté de mis vacaciones en la casa de mi hermana en Miami. Cuando estoy en Miami no me siento como un turista más, ya que viví muchos años allí durante mi infancia. Así que no tomé las típicas fotos turísticas que cualquier otro turista hubiera sacado. Principalmente me enfoque en pequeños detalles,  en cosas que normalmente no veo cuando estoy en mi casa en Santiago. Saque muchas fotos de arboles, plantas y flores. Aunque se que estoy siendo extremadamente cursi con esto, pero sólo hubiera deseado poder captar los colores, el aroma del mar y el sonido de las olas y traérmelos de vuelta a mi casa.


An orchid from my sister's garden. The plant was huge, it was almost 3 feet wide.

Una orquídea del jardin de mi hermana. La planta era enorme, tenía como un metro de diámetro.


Acerola flower.

Flor de Acerola


Papaya flower.

Flor de la papaya.


Palm fruit. They turn bright red as they ripen.

Frutos de una palma. Se van poniendo rojos a medida que maduran.


A huge lichen on a mango tree.

Un liquén enorme en un árbol de mango.


Some organic carrots. I love the design.

Zanahorias orgánicas. Me encantó en diseño.


A bit of sand...

Un poco de arena...


And the beach... there was a cool wind, for me it was just fine, but the locals were a bit chilled.

Y la playa... había un viento fresco, pero para mi estaba agradable, aunque los nativos de la zona estaban un poco helados.

No comments:

Post a Comment